PPDT International Instructor
- President of the Aikido Union England.
- 6th dan Aikido Budo,(AUE).
- OCFM International Coach
- PPDT International Coach
- UKMAA Personal Safety Specialist.
- Chief Instructor @ Aikido Union England
- Chief Instructor Rising Spirit Aikido.
7th Degree Black Belt – Martial Arts
KOTAN AUSTRALIA – CEO
How Can My Life Experiences Benefit You?
I know that’s what you’re asking, because that’s exactly what I would want to know. So lets get the normal background stuff out of the road first so that we can talk about what’s important to you. You get someone with over 25 years experience in Asia, Europe, and USA and Australia establishing and building successful businesses. I started at the bottom sweeping floors from the age of 9, worked on machines in factories all the way through to running multi million dollar companies as the CEO/MD. An author of several books on success, business, balance and how to apply the “Success Mindset” to any part of your life. Experience as a Coach, Mentor, Trainer and Consultant supporting both “Business and Individuals” who are looking to be at the “Next Level of Performance” and “Success… Personally or Professionally”
instructor and 2nd Dan black belt in kravmaga in Israel
Level 10 s.d.t.s. with self defence company // police combative// weapons and tactics
Kali and Silat training edge weapons training. Under Doug marcaida.
Member of international society of close quarter combative
John completed the Platinum Training Program.
His School is located at:
9705 Liberia Avenue
Master John Scali is the owner and chief instructor of the Self Defense America of Virginia. The school has been in operation since 1995.
Teaching students (teen through adult) how to defend themselves in any situation that may encounter. Simple to apply but highly effective.
Serving a diverse group clients ranging from military, police, first responders, business executives, teachers and college/high school students.
Nearly 30 years of self defense and martial arts training, Master Scali has been teaching the Combat Hapkido Self Defense System since 1994.
Currently, Master Scali is an Adjunct Professor at Northern Virginia Community College. In addition to his expertise in teaching Combat Hapkido, Master Scali is a certified OCFM coach and has trained in Tang Soo Do, Taekwondo, Small Circle Jijutsu and Pressure Point theory and application.
Master Scali is a retired naval officer with over 20 years of active duty service.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Licensed Master Instructor by the International Combat Hapkido Federation
- Licensed International Police Defense Tactics Instructor
- Certified Sixth Dan in Combat Hapkido
- OCFM Coach
- 1st Dan Pressure Point Fighting
- Vice-President of International Combat Hapkido Organization
- Virginia State Director for the International Combat Hapkido Federation
- Budo Magazine Master of the Year (2006)
- Inducted in the International Martial Arts Hall of Fame — Regional Instructor of the Year
- Pressure Point Defensive Tactics Certified Instructor
- Member of the Internal Self Defense for the Disabled