Started training in 1981, finally started to make sense of the martial arts after encountering Russell Stutely. These days I teach Karate full-time and have authored 5 books and over 50 DVDs of practical applications to this art that I love. I teach in Devon, but also in seminars where-ever I am invited. I have taught in the UK, Europe, and Japan. I teach people from various styles of Karate, as the principles that bind us are stronger than the politics that drive us apart. Aiki and Jujutsu people also attend our seminars - even if you don't do kata you're going to train in some nice techniques. Have a look at www.tv.bunkai.co.uk for a taste of what I teach, and if you like what you see then give us a call to discuss your requirements More info: Seminars are by arrangement, usually a Saturday, Sunday, or the whole weekend. If more than 4 hours travel from Devon I will require accommodation, too. We will cover subjects of your choice, but usually principles of Kata Bunkai.
- President of the Aikido Union England.
- 6th dan Aikido Budo,(AUE).
- OCFM International Coach
- PPDT International Coach
- UKMAA Personal Safety Specialist.
- Chief Instructor @ Aikido Union England
- Chief Instructor Rising Spirit Aikido.
• Iraq High Threat PSD Team Leader Mobile Security, Iraq MEV valid 2015
• International Police Instructor for Use of Force, defensive tactics, firearms training, VIP & Force Protection
• Instructor Pennsylvania Sheriff’s Academy for Use of Force, defensive tactics, scenario based training
• 20 plus Operational tours as a private contractor in Middle East and Africa in support of counter piracy operations
• Proficient in all aspects of planning and conducting maritime security operations and tactical police operations
• Qualified instructor for small arms, defensive tactics, use of force, and basic first responder medical actions
• Certified Instructor through Department of Homeland Security for Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings
• Tactical Combat Casualty Care / TCCC Certified Combat Life Saver
I have been training in Martial Arts and Combatives for over 25years in multiple facets. I worked with Russell in Las Vegas at one of his Instructor Seminars where I became one of his certified Instructors. I learned a wealth of knowledge from Russell and I would like to pass on the lessons I have learned to others. I have also added many of his techniques and principles in training foreign Police and military professionals.
7th Degree Black Belt - Martial Arts
KOTAN AUSTRALIA - CEO
How Can My Life Experiences Benefit You?
I know that's what you're asking, because that's exactly what I would want to know. So lets get the normal background stuff out of the road first so that we can talk about what's important to you. You get someone with over 25 years experience in Asia, Europe, and USA and Australia establishing and building successful businesses. I started at the bottom sweeping floors from the age of 9, worked on machines in factories all the way through to running multi million dollar companies as the CEO/MD. An author of several books on success, business, balance and how to apply the "Success Mindset" to any part of your life. Experience as a Coach, Mentor, Trainer and Consultant supporting both "Business and Individuals" who are looking to be at the "Next Level of Performance" and "Success... Personally or Professionally"